"THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL!"

9-12-16 (Monday)
Well.. Elder Raguin called.. Sister Diaz is getting transferred tomorrow. I don’t know how I feel about it. I’m definitely happy I’m staying here in Binalonan so I can continue helping the D Family prepare for baptism, but I’m lazy and don’t feel like getting to know another companion.. ;D I don’t remember my new companion’s name, but Sister Quijada says she’s super nice and from the Republic of Kiribati [click on link] [pronounced Key-ree-bass according to Kels]. So I’m pretty excited to get to know her. I think I’m secretly hoping she’s not super good at English so I’ll be forced to do better at always speaking Tagalog. I’m sure everything is going to be great, but I’m anxious to see what’s going to happen with this next transfer. Other than that, nothing else crazy happened today. 
Byyye Sisterrr Diaaazz! 

We did teach the D Family today and our lesson was tithing and fast offerings. Not going to lie.. I was a little nervous to teach them that while they’re really struggling financially right now. I knew this was really going to test their faith, and mine for that matter, but once again.. They did not disappoint me! YAAASS! They liked it and agreed that it was the least they could do to repay Heavenly Father for their blessings. It was just awesome and I really enjoyed it. 

Sister Diaz and I also gave the girls some skirts to wear to church that are a little more modest and they loved it! After our lesson they hurried and tried them all on and ran outside to show us before we left. It was so cute! Eliza was like “It’s like I’m a missionary! I need a name tag that says ‘Sister Eliza’.” Oh man, my heart melted. It really made me smile seeing how happy and excited they were to wear their new skirts. (: There’s nothing better than seeing someone appreciate your gift. (: If only people were that appreciative to the gift of Everlasting Life I’ve been trying to give them. ;D

9-13-16 (Tuesday)
Well.. I have a new companion now and holy freak she is beautiful! Sister Tanielu (I still don’t know how to pronounce it so good luck! ;D) [Tan-yell-oo] is just the sweetest! I’m really excited to get to know her better. We’re still in that awkward getting used to the way we each do things, but it’ll be good; I just know it! (: She seems pretty mellow, but I think it’s just because she doesn’t know anyone yet. But even if she is a mellow person.. I’ll be sure to change that. (;

Kiribati is in the upper right half of map
Vanuatu is next to the Coral Sea

Anyway.. I don’t know what to say about today.. Nothing really happened. I spent most of the day waiting for Sister Tanielu to get here but she didn’t get here ‘til like 6:00 p.m. Sister Quijada, Sister Alinton, and I tried to work in our closest area, because we didn’t know when Sister Tanielu would get here, but we didn’t have a whole lot of success. But I did OYM this lady that lived in Louisiana for 30 years so it was pretty nice being able to testify of Christ and His gospel in English. Speaking of English.. Sister Tanielu is actually probably better at English than most people here.. But hopefully I still try my best to always speak Tagalog. But! I’m still happy happy and am excited to get more comfortable with my cute new Kiribati companion. (;

9-14-16 (Wednesday)
THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL! Oh my word! I straight up had conversations today with my investigators. I talked sooo much and loved every second of it! :D Something about me leading the area AND the fact that Sister Tanielu is pretty shy helped me really listen and focus on what people were saying. I got pretty lazy with my Tagalog because I always knew Sister Diaz would answer/reply to people whenever they talked. I guess I really am better at Tagalog than I thought. I mean, I’m far from fluent but I’m good enough for people to understand me. (: 

Anyway.. Sister Quijada got her new companion today, Sister Tokaloio from Vanuatu. She’s so cute. (: Sister Quijada is her follow-up trainer so she’s still pretty new and man.. I remember all too well what it’s like to be in her shoes. When I was first talking to her and getting to know her I just wanted to grab her and hug her and tell her it gets so much easier! Oh man, I feel for her; I really do. 

Birthday Package!
Also.. None of us really know how to cook.. We’re all gonna die! I’m the one that knows the most about cooking but they don’t really have all the ingredients I need here for American food. I can’t just make spaghetti and grilled cheese all the time! I’m trying to lose more weight! Not gain it all back! I have no problem experimenting with foods except for the fact I can’t taste it and make sure it tastes good! GAHH! Mamamatay tayo ianat! ;D 

Work today was great though and I’m grateful I get to lead the area and be more of myself again because I feel more in charge during our lessons. It’s going to be a great transfer, I just know it (:

9-15-16 (Thursday)
I’m so stinkin happy! Oh my heck I love missionary work! I have no idea what happened but I am 100% myself now while speaking Tagalog. I can’t stop talking in lessons! And because I open my mouth more I enjoy our lessons a million times more, because I truly feel the Spirit testifying to people through me. (: Honestly.. I’m so happy right now. I’m so grateful for Sister Tanielu. She’s awesome. I really enjoy being around her. Hopefully she has as much fun with me as I have with her. (: 

Anyway.. we taught Tatay P, and the whole family today the Word of Wisdom. I was incredibly bold and loving with Tatay and man.. I truly believe he accepted the Spirit into his heart. At the end of the lesson I testified that we need to set a good example for our families and used some examples and ended with.. “Tay, do you want little J to follow all the examples you’re setting for him?” I let him ponder that for a bit then we committed then all to live the Word of Wisdom and read 1 Nephi 17:3 [click on link] for their promised blessings and BOOM! We left with an incredible amount of Spirit in their home (and hopefully their hearts) so they could ponder the message we shared with them. 

Then we went to the C and talked about the Book of Mormon and praying and it was really good for me to feel just how strong my testimony really is about the Book of Mormon. AHH! I’m just so happy I finally have confidence talking to people in Tagalog! :D

9-16-16 (Friday)
So many things happened today it was insane! All good things though.. I think.. Haa, I’m not sure. Anyway we were able to go to Capas today to teach the P’s and J but we got there later than usual because we were waiting for J2 to be our trike driver but she ended up bailing on us and just told us she would pick us up later and bring us home. So okay, we went to Capas and taught a lesson to a lady and her daughters I OYM’d before and it was fun testifying to them about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

Then we went to teach J3 and J and ended up being able to teach 3 more of their friends! It was great! Honestly.. I am really comfortable talking/teaching people in Tagalog now. FINALLY! Even though I’m still not very good and I have a lot to improve; I’m at the point where that’s okay.. like.. I’m finally at a good enough point that I can actually be patient with my improvement. But while in our lesson with the Ps, and all them, I could tell how frustrated Sister Tanielu was getting with her Tagalog. I didn’t know how to help her.. I felt so bad because I know how she feels, but honestly she was doing fine. We all understood what she was saying. I don’t know.. It made me realize how grateful I am for my new confidence I now have in my Tagalog because even though Sister Tanielu only has four months left in her mission, she’s still not sure of herself/Tagalog. Hopefully I can help her out. (: 

9-17-16 (Saturday)
Oh man, I just love my Kabahay! Sister Tokaloio and Tanielu actually get my jokes and it’s GLORIOUS! Filipinos honestly just have a very different sense of humor than most people.. I swear. (; 

Anyway.. Not much happened today but it was a good fun day! Honestly.. I have nothing to write about today. It was just a good normal day; not sad, not super spiritual, and/or extra happy. But I will say I really do like Sister Tanielu! She’s the companion I’ve had closest to a normal friend. As of right now.. she’s up there with Sister Cuenca in my book. (: Its just fun talking to her. It’s like talking to an old friend. (: 

ALSO! I ate goat today.. Holy freak.. NEVER AGAIN! I ate one little chunk of meat and was done eating for the rest of my life. The texture.. I don’t even know how to describe it.. It was like eating a super hard thick piece of fat. GAAAG!

9-18-16 (Sunday)
Today scores a 100% AHH! :D Today we had 16 investigators come to church! 16!!! YAAASSS! I’m super happy about that because we had very few lessons this week with it being transfer week and constantly being punted. But! I learned today that quality is better than quantity.. Diba!? (; That is one thing I have noticed with Sister Tanielu as my companion.. I’m really good at building trust and relationship with people. I feel like when we leave a lesson I was able to make new friends and or just become even better buddies. (: But as awesome as I think I am, the real reason we had so many investigators is because my birthday is tomorrow. ;D  So J2 went to go pick up J and J3 in Capas and I told her to stop at the D’s and tell them they have to come to church because it’s my birthday tomorrow. And well.. they did! Ten of them! :D 

Also! Today in Relief Society Sister R was teaching and started talking about tithing/honesty. She ended up saying that you’re still an honest full tithe payer even if you only pay 8 or 9 % as long as your heart truly was there wanting to pay the full 10%. And in my head I was like “Nooooo. That is NOT true!” I mean.. I don’t know what it’s like being a mom and having my own family and bills to take care of, but I do know there are no exceptions to Gods commandments. God always provides a way to accomplish His will. When we receive money/income, we pay tithing before we do anything else with it. Not when its convenient. Anyway.. As Sister R was teaching, I honestly didn’t know what to do. I didn’t feel comfortable with her teaching false doctrine (especially to my recent converts), but I also didn’t know if it was my place to correct her. Something about correcting her in front of everyone was uncomfortable for me, but it was also uncomfortable not doing anything. Luckily Sister J3 spoke up and gently tried to fix what Sister R was teaching. (Thank you J3 for being an RM and able to help me out in times of need/weakness!).

Anyway life is great! Even though I’m turning 20 tomorrow.. I don’t want to be 20.. That’s like the real number where you become an adult because you’re actually out of the teens. (; And we all know I’m not mentally ready to be a real adult just quite yet. ;D But.. I will be honest.. I’m pretty dang excited to open my birthday package tomorrow! It’s been sitting there torturing me for weeks! ;D